Zionsville High School Spanish Department was recognized as the State's "Spanish Department of Distinction."
Publicado por: Facebook
Por Jeff Papa
Sitio web original
Zionsville High School Spanish Department was recognized as the State's "Spanish Department of Distinction." The teachers include Lindsay Alessandrini, Jennie Glasso, Bill Malle, Kristen Perry, Gabe Porras and Chelsea Walton.
On Saturday, November 8, at the annual meeting of the Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese - Indiana (AATSP-I), the Spanish Department and students from Zionsville High School received outstanding recognition for their work and accomplishments.
Lindsay Alessandrini also received a "Student Voice" Award. This recognition is based on letters of recommendation from students.
The criteria for this award is as follows:
1) The Spanish teachers are current members of AATSP. (All 6 teachers from Zionsville are members.)
2) Their students participate in the National Spanish Exam, the Spanish State Contest and the Immersion Day in Spanish (Dia de Inmersion eb Español.)
3) Teachers attend and present in local, regional and/or national language conferences. They continue their personal professional development and contribute to the professional development of their colleagues.
4) There is a Spanish Club or Sociedad Hispanica Honoraria in their school.
5) The students help/do community service(s) in Spanish.
Four students from Zionsville High School received recognition as "Outstanding High School Students of Spanish." The kudos were presented to Kevin Claps, Abigail Roberts, Rachel Stone and Xiaoshan Zhang.
Publicado por: Current in Zionsville
Sitio web original
The ZCHS Spanish department has won the AATSP-Indiana Chapter’s “5-Sun Spanish Department” award. The 5-Sun Spanish Department distinction is given to a Spanish Department in the state that “shines” and excels for the “brilliant” work done in Indiana and nationally by its teachers and students. Israel Herrera, AATSP Indiana President, commented “we were more than impressed with this nomination and consider this department a model in the state.”
The Spanish department will accept this award at a ceremony on Nov. 8that the Sheraton Hotel. In addition to the “5-Sun Spanish Department” award, four ZCHS seniors will be recognized as “2014 Outstanding High School Students of Spanish”, and Lindsay Alessandrini will be recognized with the “EXTIMO (Exceptional Teaching Impact and Motivation) Award for Outstanding Spanish teacher”.
The four senior students are: Rachael Stone, Abbey Roberts, Xian Zhang, and Kevin Claps.